First up, I just wanted to share how I’m planning out my Rosh Hashanah prep. This year we have Shabbat, then Saturday night and Sunday free to prepare, then the 2 days of Yomin Tomim. SO, my priority for Sunday is to tidy the house a little post Shabbat (anyone else’s house get SO messy on Shabbat?!), and then prioritise decorating the table, and preparing hot food for the first night.
Tuesday through to Friday will be preparing food for the rest of the Yomin Tovim (and Shabbat). It’s school holidays, so hopefully the kids will be able to play around the cooking, and do some holiday crafts we can use as decorations for Rosh Hashanah and maybe transfer into the Sukkah as well!
Here’s the 2 day menu including some snack and dip ideas!
Rosh Hashanah Night One (Meat)
- Seder plate tasting, plus challah.
- Matzah Ball Soup
- Salmon skewers
- Pomegranate brisket
- DF apple layer cake
Rosh Hashanah Day One Lunch (Dairy)
- Challah (dairy!) plus dips
- Zucchini soup with basil (DF)
- Baked apples with custard
Rosh Hashanah Night Two (Pescatarian, Dairy free)
- Challah plus dips & salatim
- Roast Veg with couscous and salmon (whole fillet each)
- Apple Tarte Tatin (dairy)
Rosh Hashanah Day Two Lunch (Meat)
- Hommus bowls with spiced minced meat
- Side salad
- Fruit salad
Dip and Snack Ideas
- Honey joys (v)
- Hommus (DF)
- Beet hommus (DF)
- Sweet potato and cashews (DF)
- Pesto (DF)
- Lots of apples!! (DF)