I want to try and share my art journaling pages more regularly here. Not with big explanations and things that will stop me from sharing – it’ll mostly just be the pictures and that’s it! But I hope you enjoy them. I share my art way more regularly over on my instagram – @taliamakesart, so follow me there if you have insta!
Mums! Do you ever find yourself wishing you had more time for art? Or like it goes to the bottom of the priority list in your life? Well this vlog is for you. This is how I went from never having any time for my art, to making it a priority!
My story of going from being cranky and frustrated to making art a priority and being a happier, more attentive mother because of it.
Making art a priority – adding art journal pages to your to do list!
Consequences of not doing art, and consequences of not doing the washing.
Not doing any household duties in the evenings after the kids are in bed.
Blocking out time in your daily schedule for art.
Prioritising art is not self indulgent.
If you know you only have X hours during the day to do your chores because the evening is blocked out (for art!) then guess what?! You will get it done! (within reason!)
Lets continue the conversation – let me know in the comments what’s stopping you and we can try and find a fix!
Subscribe – http://youtube.com/subscribe_widget?p=sunshinetalia
Website – http://climbingtree.blog
Instagram – http://instagram.com/taliamakesart
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/climbingtree/
Here is a fun little haul video of all the stuff I collect while I’m overseas.
Some of the things I look out for are:
Free magazines or newspapers
Flyers from interesting places
Hi everyone, and welcome to my first process video for the year. This was quite therapeutic to put together, and I loved just having a chat with you guys in the voice over.
In the video I explain how I’ll be improving this channel in 2018. I look forward to your input!
As I work through this art journaling process video I talk a lot about death, and grief, and the reality of not having any tomorrows promised to you. I hope that by the end it is encouraging for you. Sometimes art journaling is less about the page you make, and more about the therapeutic process you went through whilst making it. That’s definitely what this page was for me, and I felt really free by the time I’d finished – like I’d worked through any unknown fear or worry that was in the back of my mind.
Please don’t forget to “like” and “subscribe”. I’d love to get a comment from you – tell me what you think of my philosophy on death and life, or my plans for 2018!
Hello 2018! I am looking forward to creating beautiful art this year.
I thought I would start this blog with a list of some of the creative projects I will be working on in 2018.
- Weekly Parsha Project. This project is where I create an art journaling spread related to the weekly parsha (torah portion). I started at the beginning of the cycle a few months ago after Simchat Torah, and will continue through till then. I missed a few weeks while we were away, so it’s a priority for me to catch up on those ASAP! You can check these all out with the hashtag #taliastorah on my arty instagram.
- One Little Word. This is my first year doing this project! I often choose a word for the year, but this is the first time doing the course. I haven’t bought a kit of anything, just the course, and hope to complete it simply and efficiently. I do NOT want this to turn into another unfinished project.
- Rituals Class. I won this on New Years Day, and I am so excited to participate!
- Regular art journaling goals – I want to art journal frequently, and continue to learn new things.
- YouTube. It’s here if you want to subscribe. This year I’ll be posting twice a week – one day will be a process video like the ones currently there, and the second one will be a review of a product including ways to use it. Part of the reason I am doing this is because I want to increase my following places so that I can make it onto a design team for 2019.
- Family photobook. I like to think this is an ongoing project, but it seems it’s just a December/January project! I like putting these together and having all out photos from the year in a neat little book!
- Monthly Videos. I’ve been enjoying watching some of the old monthly videos I was doing a few years ago. It’s so sweet to watch the kids being smaller, and learning to talk, and walk and all those things. Luke would LOVE it if I got back into these again, and I want to really try hard to put aside time to do them.
So this is a lot of projects, right?! I figure now that I’m off facebook, Lior is a school 5 days a week, and Eli at kindy 2-3 days a week I should be able to make it work. It will require some self discipline and organisation though!
Do you have any creative projects you’re working on this year?